This Agreement is made between Go Travel Motorhome Hire of: Threshers Barn, Great Nobury Farm, Appletree Lane, Inkberrow, WR7 4HY and the hirer.
The motorhome and its contents are to remain the property of Go Travel Motorhome Hire at all times. The hirer undertakes to keep the vehicle securely locked at all times when unattended, keep tracker fobs on their person and refrain from any action or omission which may prejudice the owners rights to the vehicle and treat the vehicle as if it were your own property. The vehicle is not to be used or in conjunction with any race, competition or trial, or for hire or reward.
Except where otherwise stated the following words have the following meanings in this Agreement:
“The Motorhome” – This means the motorhome or van hired to you under this Agreement and as specified to you by us including all tyres, tools, accessories and equipment.
”You” – The person or persons signing this agreement
“The Agreement”, “The Rental Agreement” and “Terms and Conditions” – This agreement and any document expressly referred /’to in this agreement including an insurance document and motor Hire Agreement
“Security Deposit” – The sum of £1000 as detailed below
“We / us” – Go Travel Motorhome Hire
2. Booking. The motorhome hire booking form must be completed online or completed and returned by email. On receipt of the signed booking form and a deposit of £250 this contract shall have effect.
Full payment must be made at least 30 days before commencement of the hire.
3. Choice of Motorhome. Although we want you to have the motorhome of your choice, we must allow for unforeseen circumstances. We reserve the right to provide you with a suitable comparable or superior alternative, without notice, upon collection. Should a substitute not be available upon collection, we will be responsible for a full refund of monies received by us limited to any monies paid to us by the hirer. All rights are reserved by us to refuse any hire if in our reasonable opinion you are not suitable to take possession of the vehicle. No refunds are payable on accommodation, or motorhomes not being available where you change, cancel or seek to vary the Agreement after departure. We take no responsibility for any detention, delay, loss, damage that you might experience unless caused by our negligence.
4. Cancellation. In the event of a cancellation the following applies:
The company reserves the right to cancel the hire if at the commencement of the hire the driver’s license(s) are invalid in accordance with our terms and conditions.
In these circumstances the total hire charges will be forfeited. Hirers are strongly advised to insure against unavoidable cancellation.
5. Condition of the vehicle. At the start of the hire an inspection will be made of the motorhome, to check for any defects and at the same time a full guide to operation and equipment will be given. Check sheets will be filled in and signed off. At the end of the hire period the same checks will be carried out, if the vehicle is returned as it was supplied clean inside and out then the checks should take less than an hour, however if additional cleaning is needed or workload does not allow immediate inspection the hirer can elect not to be present whilst the off hire check sheet is completed, but they must sign a waiver to this affect.
7. Security Deposit. The £1000 security deposit is refundable on safe return of the motorhome in the condition in which it left us, subject to an inspection satisfactory to us.
This must be paid to cover the possibility of damage (whether negligent, wilful, accidental or otherwise) or loss to the motorhome or the fixtures and fittings therein or the living equipment and windows, wheels, tyres etc included with the motorhome. The motorhome and all its equipment must be returned in good condition, with no damage to it, its contents or any third-party property. The motorhome must also be returned with the fuel refilled it its agreed pre-hire level. See Clause 13 for more information on fuel.
Your security deposit will normally be refunded within 7 days of the end of the rental period. Should there be any damage or requirement for any repair, replacement or special cleaning; the costs will be deducted from the security deposit before the balance is returned to you. You irrevocably authorise us to deduct from the Security Deposit any amounts due to us arising out of this Agreement.
In the event that there is a claim we reserve the right to retain the security deposit for a period of time that is necessary to quantify the charges incurred which are to be deducted from the deposit.
8. Charges. If, on arrival to collect your motorhome, your licence is unacceptable due to endorsements or defacement, you will be unable to hire the motorhome and no monies will be refunded to you. The charges stated on the rental invoice reflect your use of the motorhome during the rental period and include basic hire charges, insurance, charges for any optional or ancillary services chosen by you, and any applicable taxes at the prevailing rate. Additional charges may arise from your use of the motorhome during the rental period, and may include (but are not limited to) loss of or damage to the motorhome and its contents during the rental period and/or until the motorhome is examined, the insurance excess, refuelling service charge and fuel cost, any late return charge, any additional driver charge, any pet damage charge, toilet emptying charge, extra cleaning charge and any road tolls or fines for charges arising from traffic or parking offences during the rental period. All charges are subject to final calculation within 14 days of the end of the rental period.
9. T&Cs of Hire. In some cases, we will incur additional charges if the drivers to be insured have traffic convictions, or are using a foreign driver’s licence or works in what our insurers consider to be a high risk occupation or is aged younger than 25 or older than 75, or has criminal convictions, or any physical or mental conditions which may inhibit driving, or has had an accident in the previous 3 years, these must be declared at the time of booking. These charges will be passed to you and will be notified in advance.
10. Insurance. The motorhomes all have comprehensive insurance for the first and any other named drivers. Insurance is only for our motorhome. The interior equipment and other items as specified in the motorhome handbook are not covered by the Insurance and any damage will incur costs in addition to the excess. Failing to provide information may invalidate your insurance and render you liable for all losses howsoever sustained including claims by third parties. You must provide true and complete information for our insurers as requested on the booking form at the time of booking. This is to ensure that the insurance company can confirm they are willing to insure your chosen driver(s).
Drivers must be over 25 years of age and under 70, in good health and hold a full driving licence. “Good Health” means that you have no mental or physical disabilities which would interfere with your ability to drive, for example stroke/deafness/heart condition/diabetes/loss of limb/loss of sight in an eye/epilepsy. In addition, you must not be taking drugs likely to affect your driving or drugs prescribed by a registered medical practitioner for treatment of drug addiction. You will need to have held a UK driving licence for at least a year (two years if you are under 25) or a European Union Licence for at least two years.
A maximum of 3 drivers per rental is allowed by our insurers. You cannot drive away a motorhome without us having sight of your licences and ID documents. The motorhome must only be driven by you or any other person who has first been authorised by us, for whom you have provided the insurance, driving licence and personal identification information. Failure to provide accurate information may invalidate the insurance and render you liable for all losses howsoever sustained including claims by third parties. You warrant that all information supplied to us in connection with this agreement is true and complete. In particular, on collection of the motorhome you warrant that information supplied with the original booking has not materially changed, including but not limited to the number of points on a driver’s licence.
The information required will include:
Failure to provide this information may result in us being unable to proceed with your booking. Should you fail to provide the required information in time and your booking is cancelled as a consequence, our policy on cancellation fees as set out above applies.
The following documentation is acceptable for proof of address alongside the drivers licence:
You must provide the following:
What is acceptable:
Key document criteria:
You are advised to take out your own personal effects and travel insurance to cover items not part of the insurance, last minute cancellations etc.
We are not responsible for any damage in connection with any accident or breakdown caused by you, nor are we responsible for any loss from the motorhome. Our insurance policy protects us and any authorised driver against legal claims from any other person or for death or personal injury or damage to any other person’s property caused by use of the motorhome on the road, on condition you report all such incidents to us as soon as they occur (and you are using the motorhome within the terms and conditions and those of our insurance company). In the event that any third party suffers death, personal injury or damage to property caused by use of the motorhome which involves a breach by you or any authorised driver of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and that of our insurance policy, or our Health and Safety Guidelines, you agree to reimburse us if we are obliged to compensate (a) the insurers for any payment they make to a third party on your behalf and/or (b) any third party. The insurance on the motorhome is limited to 50% of cover for consequences resulting from fire due to cooking or heating. In this instance you will be liable for the outstanding 50%.
If an insurance claim is made, you are responsible for a £1000 excess (or excess of a greater amount if you are notified before the rental period commences about such change to the excess due) which is due in each and every incident and includes loss or damage to equipment, fixtures and fittings or to third party property. The excess applies in respect of each claim. The Insurance does not apply to windscreens, windows, wheels, tyres, the underside, the roof and the interior of the motorhome, towing charges, or where the motorhome is driven off road or on unsurfaced roads or without due care and attention, negligently, recklessly or where the driver is under the influence of alcohol or other drugs. Your liability to pay the cost of the damage will therefore not be waived in these cases and you may be liable for the full cost. In respect of windscreen damage a separate policy excess charge of £500 may be levied
11. Our Obligations We will supply the motorhome to you in good overall and operating condition, complete with all necessary documents, parts and accessories. You agree to return the motorhome to us in the same condition as you rented it, subject to fair wear and tear, with the same documents, parts and accessories, at the location and on the date and time designated in this Hire Agreement or sooner upon demand by us. Failure to do so may result in further charges becoming due and payable by you.
12. Collection and Return. When you arrive to collect your motorhome, please ensure you allow at least an hour for us to show you around the motorhome, how to drive the motorhome, and how to operate the cooker, sink, fridge, toilet, camping gas, heater, water storage and other accessories and to brief you on our health and safety guidelines. We will also need to complete the paperwork in that time. You will also need time to load your luggage into the motorhome.
12a. Collections are between 2pm and 4pm and returns must be by 10.30am. Please return the motorhomes by the agreed time. No motorhome can be collected outside our normal business hours without prior arrangement. Out-of-hours collections (evenings and weekends) can be arranged, when staff are available, for an extra £35. This charge is in addition to the agreed hire tariff. If you return the motorhome outside normal business hours, you must comply with the out of hours return instructions, in which case you will remain fully responsible for the motorhome until the return location re-opens for business. If you fail to comply with these instructions, you will remain responsible for the motorhome until we are able to access it. If at any time we have agreed that you may return the motorhome to a place other than our office, or if we have agreed to collect it, you will remain fully responsible for the motorhome until it is collected by us or a third party. You are responsible for any costs incurred in returning the motorhome to our office should you abandon the vehicle. We will not refund the hire charge if the motorhome is returned prior to the return date due to weather, personal circumstances or any other reason whatsoever.
12b. Late Return. If a motorhome is returned to our premises later than the agreed time, without our prior agreement, £35 per hour will be payable. You will also be affecting the holiday of the next person to hire your motorhome. Should the late return of the motorhome make us liable for extra costs, we reserve the right to pass on these costs to you. Charges and costs for late return will be deducted from your security deposit. By signing this agreement, you agree to us making such deductions. Should the late return be due to accident you will be liable for any revenue lost due to the motorhome being unavailable for hire. No refund is given for early return of the vehicle.
13. Fuel. On collection, we will agree the fuel level with you, this will normally be a full tank of fuel. You need to return the motorhome refilled to that same level at the end of the hire. An administration charge of £25, plus the cost of the missing fuel will be deducted from your security deposit if the motorhome is returned with missing fuel.
The hirer is responsible for regular checking of oil and water levels, and use correct fluids if required.
If the hirer accidentally fills or part fills the fresh water tank with fuel the company should be informed immediately, and the hirer will be liable for any associated costs of repair
If there is damage or breakdown caused by your own actions, you will be liable for the cost of repair/replacement. This could be such things as pushing the engine too hard, or putting diesel in a petrol engine or vice versa, or burning out the clutch. This list is not exhaustive. You must take all reasonable and practicable steps to properly and safely maintain the motorhome including regular checks on; batteries, engine oil and other gauges, bulbs and tyre pressures and condition when driven more than 500 km, refilling or replacing as necessary. If you cause damage to the engine through poor driving over too long a period of time, and ignoring the warning lights, you will be liable for any repairs required or even the cost of a replacement engine
14. Tyres. You agree that the tyres on the Motorhome are visibly sound and appear within legal limits. Any damage or repair to tyres is the responsibility of you, unless it can be shown that damage is due to invisible defects in the manufacture of the tyre which are covered by a manufacturer’s warranty, in which case we may reimburse you. For any reimbursement you must: a) Return the defective tyre to us for inspection and return; b) Produce appropriate receipts; and c) Accept the decision of the manufacturer as to whether reimbursement is made.
15. Keys. In the event that keys are lost or damaged you will be liable for the reasonable costs of obtaining replacement keys, and any costs associated with providing the keys to you during the hire period. You must lock the motorhome at all times when not in use, this includes lockers and garage doors.
16. Camping gas. Camping Gas is provided for the hob, oven and heating systems.
All gas cylinders (in Zefiro models) should be 6kg Propane Flogas or approved alternative from Flogas dealers, failure to replace with like for like will result in a £70 charge for incorrect size or make of cylinder, we will not pay for any incorrect size or types of cylinders.
A full list of Flogas dealers is available online, please contact us in the event of any queries.
The Toleno has a built in gas tank, this can be filled from any recognised Autogas station of facility using the correct fittings and filling methods.
The gas supplied should be sufficient for a weeks hire, we will meet the cost of one refill or one additional 6kg bottle in a 7 day period providing a valid receipt is provided.
17. Smoking. It is illegal to smoke inside our motorhome motorhomes and we also ask that you do not vape. You will be liable for any damage caused to the motorhome, linen and other items provided through smoking or vaping, which may result in a cleaning charge of approx. £50
18. Drinking Water. We cannot be held responsible for the cleanliness of drinking water obtained from various campsites. The water stored in the motorhome is not drinking water. We do advise that you drink bottled water.
19. Pets. We welcome pets. We charge £50 per hire. This is for additional cleaning. Pets must be disclosed on our Booking Form. All damage, however caused by your animals, will be charged to you. You undertake to comply with current law concerning the carriage of animals when travelling in the motorhome at all times. Pets must never be left alone or unsupervised in the motorhome. Maximum of 2 dogs per motorhome.
20. Tracker. All motorhomes are fitted with GPS trackers and immobilisers for insurance purposes. The tracker fob must be present and activated prior to starting the vehicle to prevent unnecessary notifications and alerts through the tracker notification system.
Tracker fobs must be kept separate from the keys, we recommend keeping these on person at all times as we will be notified if the vehicle is started or moved without the tracker fob being present.
Loss of a tracker fob will result in a £70 charge.
Trackers will provide us with GPS locations of the vehicles at all times, speeds and information on the vehicle status, mileage etc.
If we are alerted by the tracker company we may be in touch to ensure everything is ok and if any further action is required or whether they are simply accidental alerts.
21. Awning. All motorhomes are supplied with built in awnings, care should be taken when using these to do so in line with operating instructions and as detailed in the handover.
Awnings should always be pegged down sufficiently; they should not be used in windy conditions or in exposed locations. If the motorhome is to be left unattended or conditions become windy or gusty the awnings should be taken down. Any damages to the awning or motorhome will be chargeable.
22. Your Car. During the period of the hire you may park your car at our premises but do so at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for the loss of, or damage to your car or its contents unless caused by us
23. European Travel. If you intend to travel to Europe you must notify us in advance, you will also be required to purchase our European travel package for each day or part day you will be abroad. There is a daily charge of £10 for this package. This package includes European Roadside assistance cover and all items commonly required to drive on the continent such as warning triangle, headlight deflectors and reflective jacket. It is however your responsibility to ensure you keep this equipment with you whilst in Europe and that you and the vehicle meet the legal requirements of any country you travel through. This includes all tolls, taxes, fines other charges which may be levied. Most countries which are members of the European Union are covered by our vehicle insurance policy but not all. Please check with us prior to booking your holiday as you will not be insured if you travel within a county not covered and you will be in breach of these terms and conditions. We recommend that you take out personal holiday and travel insurance in case of any medical or unforeseen event that might impact on your holiday. Should you abandon the vehicle in Europe you will be liable for the cost of repatriation and any associated costs. We also recommend you visit the AA website for country specific information on driving abroad www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/overseas/countrybycountry.html
24. Seat Belts, Booster and Baby Seats. You must carry only as many passengers as there are seat belts in the motorhome. You are legally responsible for obtaining and using a child or baby seat. For each child under 135 cm (4’5” inches approx.) or under 12 years of age you must use a booster seat or baby seat as appropriate. For further info, visit www.gov.uk/child-car-seats-the-rules
25. Health and Safety. You must follow the health and safety guidelines when operating the motorhome and its appliances and using any equipment in the motorhome or tent. The instructions for using the motorhome and its accessories and facilities including the health and safety guidelines are provided to you upon receipt of the motorhome verbally and are to be found in the motorhome handbook.
26. Breakdown. If you have any difficulties report these immediately to us. In the event of breakdown, recovery or repair services will be provided. If you incur any minor repair bills (reasonably incurred rectifying mechanical failure to the drive train and engine of the vehicle) we will reimburse you up to £50. This will not include repairs to the water system, refrigerator, heater and audio equipment. Just produce your valid VAT receipt on the completion of your hire (provided the hirer was not directly responsible for any damage).
Repairs costing in excess of £50 must be authorised by us PRIOR to the work being undertaken. A replacement motorhome may be offered but this will be subject to availability. Where a replacement is not available, we will be responsible for your reasonable and foreseeable costs/expenses arising from the accident or breakdown unless caused by your negligence. Our liability extends to either replacing your motorhome with a similar one or refunding your hire charge for any days you lose the total use of the vehicle. You will need to return to our office to collect a replacement vehicle, if one is available. If you have caused the breakdown through your own actions you will be liable for all costs incurred and we will not refund you any unused days of hire. If you have broken down you must remain at a safe distance from the motorhome until the Recovery Vehicle arrives. You may not abandon the motorhome at the roadside. You must hand over the keys to the authorised Recovery Vehicle Driver. If you abandon the vehicle, we will deduct any transport and labour costs incurred in returning the motorhome to our workshop and any costs arising from loss or damage to the motorhome whilst it is unattended from your Security Deposit.
27. Accidents, theft and motorhome vandalism. You must, where possible, report any traffic accident involving the motorhome to the police (and us) immediately and report loss, damage or theft involving the motorhome to the police (and us) within 24 hours of the incident or discovery of the incident. Our insurance requires that you must not admit to any liability, release any party from liability, settle any claim or accept any disclaimer in the event of the accident, but should, if possible, take the names and addresses of everyone involved, including witnesses, car registration numbers, together with all the details of the accident, time, place, how it came about, damage to vehicles etc. If you have a camera, take photos of the scene. Please do not move the vehicles before the police arrive, as long as keeping them in situ is a safe thing to do. An accident or theft report form must always be completed and submitted to us when you return the motorhome containing all the above information, plus diagrams if possible. In the event of theft, you must return the keys to us where possible. You agree to co-operate with us and our insurers in any investigation or subsequent legal proceedings, providing evidence and attending court if necessary, arising out of any loss of or damage to the vehicle.
28. Prohibited use of the Motorhome. You are authorised to drive the motorhome on the conditions of this Agreement including, at all times, to use the motorhome in a responsible manner. If you do not comply with these conditions, you will be liable to us for any liability or loss incurred by us or any damages or reasonable expenses we suffer or incur as a result of your breach of the Agreement. You may additionally lose the benefit of any waivers or insurance selected by you. We reserve the right to take back the motorhome at any time, and at your expense, if you are in breach of this Agreement. You must look after the vehicle, make sure it is locked, secure and parked in a safe place when not in use. You must use seat belts, child seats and other child restraints as appropriate and required by law.
29. Breaches of these Terms and Conditions. If you commit a breach of these Terms and Conditions or our Health and Safety Guidelines, we will have the right to terminate your booking without notification, and if you are already in the motorhome, we may require you to return or vacate it immediately. In the event of you committing a breach of these Terms and Conditions no refund of the fees you have paid will be returnable to you. You will also be liable for any costs incurred in returning the motorhome to our premises. Breaches in our Terms & Conditions or Health and Safety Guidelines may invalidate your insurance and you will be liable for all losses howsoever sustained including claims by third parties.
30. Our Liability to You. We are liable for any loss or damage suffered by you or any member of your party or to your or their property, where such loss or damage is due to our negligence. Where you are a customer acting in the course of a business, this paragraph shall apply instead of the one above. (You will have obtained our permission and that of our insurance company to use the motorhome for business purposes.) We do not accept liability to customers acting in the course of a business for losses of profits, business, contracts, goodwill, anticipated savings, expenses, or other similar losses, for any reason whatsoever. To the extent permitted by law and except in the case of personal injury or death resulting from our negligence, the maximum limit of our liability to business customers, whether in contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise shall be the price agreed to be paid by you for the right to use the motorhome for the period agreed.
31. Whole Agreement. These Terms and Conditions override and supersede all previous versions and any previous course of dealing between the parties and incorporate the whole Agreement together with any insurance conditions notified to you at the time of hire or collection (and which are available to view at our workshop). In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other of our literature, whether found in our brochure or on our website or otherwise, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions will prevail. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is prohibited by law or judged by a court to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, the provision shall, to the extent required, be severed from this Agreement and rendered ineffective as far as possible without modifying the remaining provisions of this Agreement, and shall not in any way affect any other circumstances of or the validity or enforcement of these Terms and Conditions.
32. Personal Data. When you book your motorhome, we collect personal information such as your name, email address, home address, telephone number. This allows us to book the motorhome and insurance for you. We will also collect non-transactional data should you enter a competition, request a brochure or take part in a survey, for example. We may use the information that we collect to occasionally notify you about news and information we think you may find valuable. For example, we may send you our latest brochure, supplements, newsletters and special offers. If at any stage you decide that you would rather not receive such information, please contact us by telephone, email or post. We reveal your identity information to our insurance company. We will not sell your information to another company.
33. Governing law and jurisdiction. We and you agree that the Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. We and you irrevocably agree that the Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with the Agreement or its subject matter.